Scientists looking for a way to heal Alzheimer’s found a promising breakthrough–light and sound therapy.
“Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia,a general term for memory loss and other cognitive abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases.” – alz.org
Here are some basic statistics and facts about Alzheimer’s from alz.org:
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- 5.8 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s. By 2050, that number is projected to be 14 million
- Every 66 seconds, someone in the U.S. develops Alzheimer’s
- Since 2000, deaths from the disease have increased by 89%
- In 2017, an estimated 5.5 million Americans were living with Alzheimer’s (two-thirds were women)
- Last year, Alzheimer’s cost the nation $290 billion
- By 2050, this number could rise…