Let’s get one thing about babies out of the way: the cost of all of their accessories adds up fast. But we’ve got good news for you. There’s a good chance that your insurance company will cover the cost of a breast pump if that’s one of the items on your list. We’ve rounded up all the info you’ll need to know to get the cost of your breast pump taken care of by your insurance provider.
Steps to get a breast pump covered by insurance
- Visit the Insurance Lookup Tool and fill out the required fields (your state and payer).
- Click “apply” to find out which pumps are covered by your insurance provider.
- Select your preferred breast pump supplier and click “apply now” to go to their qualify form.
- Fill out the form (you’ll need to have your insurance information handy for this).
- The supplier will provide you with a list of pumps that are covered by your insurance; pick the…